International Workshop on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering in response to the COVID pandemic (BBE-COVID) in conjunction with IEEE BIBE 2022
BBE- COVID2022 Call for Papers
The COVID pandemic has caused a global upheaval since late 2019. It has since affected virtually all aspects of human life. Protective measures including the wide administration of vaccines has partially deterred the spread of SARS-CoV-2 virus, the causative pathogen of COVID. However, we still have not fully contained the virus, and the virus is mutating its genome to avoid the herd immunity. Novel contracting strategies based on the knowledge of bioinformatics and biomedical engineering are still in great demand. Therefore, we are delighted to announce the Special Section of “Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering in response to the COVID pandemic” in BIBE2002 as a focus of efforts to address these unmet needs.
Topics of this special section include but not limited to
- SARS-CoV-2 genome analysis
- Evolution trajectory of SARS-CoV-2
- Structural biology of SARS-CoV-2
- Real world data for the effectiveness of vaccines in protecting against severe COVID disease
- Novel vaccine development
- Pathogenesis of encephalitis due to the infection of SARS-CoV-2
- Factors for predicting mild or severe COVID disease
- Factors for predicting the occurrence of Long COVID
- Intelligent home care utilizing Oximeter and otter internet of things in the COVID pandemic period
- Telemedicine for the care of patients in home quarantine
- Virtual hospital
Workshop Paper Submission
Detailed instructions for manuscript preparation can be found on the conference paper submission website. Only electronic submission will be accepted. Manuscripts may only be submitted in PDF format. A copyright form needs to be submitted upon acceptance of the paper and is not required at this stage. Please note that:
- Submitted work must not contain contents that have been published or are under consideration for publication by any other journal or conference;
- Every paper accepted for publication must have attached to it at least one registration at the full member/non-member rate. Thus, for a paper for which all authors are students, one student author will be required to register at the full registration rate;
- Manuscripts must be written in English and follow the instructions in the Manuscript Formatting and Templates page;
- Please follow the instructions of the author kit provided by the IEEE CPS to upload and also register your camera-ready paper by the deadline. The page limit of camera-ready paper for Workshop Paper is 4 pages, including all figures, tables, and references. (No extra pages allowed).
Each accepted paper should be presented by one of the authors at the conference. At least one author of each accepted paper should be registered and pay the full registration fee to ensure the publication of their paper in the BIBE 2022 conference proceedings and IEEE Digital Library.
Kung-Hao Liang, Ph.D., Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan. firstname.lastname@example.org