International Workshop on Biosensors for Healthcare and Biomedical Applications (BHBA) in conjunction with IEEE BIBE 2022
BHBA2022 Call for Papers
In biosensor research, the applications are growing rapidly and the techniques also have great advance in recent years. Biosensing platforms are critical for clinical diagnosis, environment monitoring, genotyping, food safety, patient health monitoring, etc. These techniques have been attracted much attention in the epidemic of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2). By utilizing the biosensing techniques, efficient and rapid detection can be achieved and applied for diagnostic purposes to improve the health, disease prevention, wellbeing of humanity.
As a premier conference in the areas of Bioinformatics and Bioengineering, BIBE aims at building synergy between computing and Biological science and Engineering that hold great promise for the advancement of research and development in complex medical and biological systems.
The aim of this workshop is to promote the research in the applications/development of methodologies of biosensors and the development of methodologies aimed to accelerate biosensing technologies in point of care (POC) applications.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Aptasensors and nucleic acid sensors
- Bioelectronics (including biocomputing and electronic noses)
- Electrochemistry and enzyme-based sensors
- Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy
- Field-effect transistor-based biosensors
- Lateral flow assays
- Microfluidics, microfabrication and printed biosensors
- Natural and artificial receptors
- Paper-based biosensors
Workshop Paper Submission
Detailed instructions for manuscript preparation can be found on the conference paper submission website. Only electronic submission will be accepted. Manuscripts may only be submitted in PDF format. A copyright form needs to be submitted upon acceptance of the paper and is not required at this stage. Please note that:
- Workshop papers should be directly submitted to the workshop organizers;
- Submitted work must not contain contents that have been published or are under consideration for publication by any other journal or conference;
- Every paper accepted for publication must have attached to it at least one registration at the full member/non-member rate. Thus, for a paper for which all authors are students, one student author will be required to register at the full registration rate;
- Manuscripts must be written in English and follow the instructions in the Manuscript Formatting and Templates page;
- Please follow the instructions of the author kit provided by the IEEE CPS to upload and also register your camera-ready paper by the deadline. The page limit of camera-ready paper for Workshop Paper is 4 pages, including all figures, tables, and references. (No extra pages allowed).
Each accepted paper should be presented by one of the authors at the conference. At least one author of each accepted paper should be registered and pay the full registration fee to ensure the publication of their paper in the BIBE 2022 conference proceedings and IEEE Digital Library.
- Submission deadline: June 30, 2022
- Notification of acceptance: July 31, 2022
- Camera-ready version due: August 31, 2022
Wen-Pin Hu, Asia University, Taiwan, firstname.lastname@example.org