International Workshop on Quantum Computing in Biological and Medical Science and Engineering (QCBMSE) in conjunction with IEEE BIBE 2022
QCBMSE2022 Call for Papers
In computational biology and bioengineering research, there are many problems that are highly complex, and it is necessary to develop effective algorithms to solve the problem of complexity in an efficient way. By utilizing the quantum parallel processing, interference and entanglement properties, quantum computing has the potential to solve certain areas of problems which more efficient than classical supercomputers.
As a premier conference in the areas of Bioinformatics and Bioengineering, BIBE aims at building synergy between computing and Biological science and Engineering that hold great promise for the advancement of research and development in complex medical and biological systems.
The aim of this workshop is to promote the research in the applications/development of methodologies of quantum computing proposal and development of methodologies aimed to accelerate quantum technologies in biological/medical science.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- quantum computing and artificial intelligence
- quantum computing in bioinformatics/computational biology/bioengineering
- quantum computing in medicine
- quantum computing as a service (QCaas) in biological/medical informatics
- quantum computing in biology/chemistry/drug design/material science
- hybrid classical and quantum computing and applications
- quantum machine learning and applications
Workshop Paper Submission
Detailed instructions for manuscript preparation can be found on the conference paper submission website. Only electronic submission will be accepted. Manuscripts may only be submitted in PDF format. A copyright form needs to be submitted upon acceptance of the paper and is not required at this stage. Please note that:
- Workshop papers should be directly submitted to the workshop organizers;
- Submitted work must not contain contents that have been published or are under consideration for publication by any other journal or conference;
- Every paper accepted for publication must have attached to it at least one registration at the full member/non-member rate. Thus, for a paper for which all authors are students, one student author will be required to register at the full registration rate;
- Manuscripts must be written in English and follow the instructions in the Manuscript Formatting and Templates page;
- Please follow the instructions of the author kit provided by the IEEE CPS to upload and also register your camera-ready paper by the deadline. The page limit of camera-ready paper for Workshop Paper is 4 pages, including all figures, tables, and references. (No extra pages allowed).
Each accepted paper should be presented by one of the authors at the conference. At least one author of each accepted paper should be registered and pay the full registration fee to ensure the publication of their paper in the BIBE 2022 conference proceedings and IEEE Digital Library.
- Submission deadline: June 30, 2022
- Notification of acceptance: July 31, 2022
- Camera-ready version due: August 31, 2022
Ka-Lok Ng, Asia University, Taiwan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheng-Fang Su, National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University, Taiwan, email@example.com